Nov 17, 2011

Birthdays

I've been doing some work on the calendar system lately, since I haven't had time to sit down and write, or otherwise do anything...you know...productive. The "months" are still based on the seasons, but instead of four "months" of 45 days each, there will be eight "months" of 30 days each. I know, I know, it's just some technical mumbo-jumbo that doesn't really matter to anyone but me, but there it is.

To tie it in with the title of this post, one of the main things the calendar system will be used for is birthdays. There may be events of sorts that correspond to the boys' birthdays, but at the very least, you'll be able to get extra "approval" when you give one a gift on his birthday. But Zuleika's birthday will also play into it. There will definitely be an event for hers, and the boys (and perhaps even other characters) will give you gifts depending on how much affection they have for you.

So, since birthdays are kind of important, I decided to implement a system where you can choose the main character's birthday. I was going to have it in the beginning, during the opening scene with Osirus, but that didn't work out too well, so... I'll have to work it in some other way. I'll figure out something, I'm sure. But anyway, you'll be able to enter the date in our calendar and have it be translated into the equivalent date in theirs. It was way more complicated to code than I thought it would be; I ended up having to do something entirely different than I originally planned. Such is the life of a programmer, I suppose...

Besides for that, I received the last couple of loading screen art pieces. Here are the previews for your viewing pleasure:

No comments:

Post a Comment