Jan 13, 2012

Bleeeeeeh

It's already the middle of January?! What happened to all that free time I was supposed to have for winter break? Oh....right... I wasted it playing Mass Effect and watching perverted anime. Damn.

Well, anyway, school is starting up in a few days. That means less free time, but getting back into the routine will make it easier to work, both for school and for my game. Over the break, I played some official Japanese visual novels which helped give me a better idea of what kind of effect I want to achieve. Granted, my game won't be quite the same since there are more RPG elements involved and more "do your own thing" time. It'll be more like Dragon Age or ME in that regard.

I know, that doesn't really count as progress. Here IS some progress (kind of):


These circles/windows/shiny things (based on the "awakening" circles from the Kingdom Hearts series) represent the different (romantic) endings of the game and will be used during the epilogue. I think they're a big step up from the watercolor versions I had before but didn't know what to do with. I re-lined and re-colored them myself, both the portraits in the back and the art in front, and the solo versions I drew using references and trying to copy the same style as the others. All in all, they took a very long time to do (a week of working 8-9 hours straight each day), but I'm really proud of them.
...Yes, I know Ahzi is missing. Poor guy doesn't get one. ):

I've also started writing again... a little bit, anyway. I'm honestly not that good at writing stories (I'm better at writing things like reports and essays... I blame school for that), so I keep putting it off, but I know that this project will never get anywhere if I don't write. After all, there is no game without the story. So... I just need to force myself to sit down and write, write, write. Like I am now. :)

I'll finish this monster some day, I swear...

2 comments:

  1. The ending-circle-things are very pretty, and pretty intriguing too, especially comparing the way Zuleika looks in Chael's circle vs. Nefferon's circle. My excitement for the game increases with each post! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment!
      I'm glad you like them. :) And yeah, you can definitely get a feel for how each path ends, as well as the relationship itself, by looking at the art.

      Delete