Feb 13, 2012

New Outfits and Hairstyles

A while back, when I first started working on the Memoirs remake, I thought it would be cool to let players customize the colors of Zuleika's hair and outfits. While that was a nice improvement, I always wished I could have added more customization options.

Well, now I have. After doing a bit of messing around this weekend, and I managed to come up with...*drum roll* new hairstyles~!


There are now 7 hairstyles in total (though if you count the fact that you can show or hide the ear on each one, then it's actually 14). The color options are the same as before, but have been redone so they look a lot nicer.

In addition to the new hairstyles, there will also be new outfits. Actually, all of the characters will be getting new outfits, but Zuleika is the only one you can actually choose the outfit for. The other characters will automatically change outfits when they change classes (which will be after a time skip of sorts halfway through the game), and the new outfits will reflect the class they changed to and whether it is a "light" class or a "dark" class. For example, here is Chael after he's turned into a knight (which a "light" class) and here he is after he's turned into an assassin (a "dark" class).

Zuleika has five different class possibilities depending on what she asks Osirus for in the beginning, so she'll have at least five new outfits, but I plan to make a few more that can be won in boss battles or bought (for extremely high prices) in certain shops.

With all these new additions, I had to completely restructure all the code regarding the sprites. If only I knew then what I know now about how to properly structure code! Ah well...

Anyway, that's what I'll probably be working on for the next few weeks. Yay. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment