Oct 2, 2011

Progress, finally!

As the title implies, I actually got stuff done today. No, I didn't get actual story stuff done, but I did make quite a bit of progress on my sprites.

First, I finished shading Honhelm and Ustyz. So now that I've got all the new people sprites fully colored, resized, and functional, I need to work on the finishing touches: expressions and blinking animations. Anyway, take a look at my handy work:


Second, I started working on the angels' animal form sprites. You may recall that the lineart I posted before was done traditionally, with pen on paper. That makes it near impossible to resize and color properly, because no matter what, it would be too difficult to clean out the fuzzy white background and leave decent-looking lines. So, in order to get them the way I want, I have to first trace over the lineart in GIMP, then color. It's a long process, but the end result looks much better than if I had tried to simply clean out the background.

So far, I've traced and flat-colored Kirile and Zuleika. I'll do Chael and Duren tomorrow, most likely.


I'll be so glad when I'm done with all this coloring!

No comments:

Post a Comment