Sep 18, 2011

Blog Pages Added

Pages weren't really added...rather, I just filled the empty ones that I'd created at the beginning. So now there's a complete information page for "Starlit Dreams," as well as some stuff about donations on the Support page. And see that new shiny "Donate" button to the right? ;)

On the game front, I did some more random tweaking today. Previously, I had it so that the sprites would darken when a character was idle and light up when they were speaking, but...that was pretty lame. I mean, yes, it made it more obvious who was speaking - that was the point - but it was kind of ugly, to be honest. I decided to go with a little "portrait" system similar to that of SD (Starlit Dreams), so when someone is speaking, a little portrait shows up next to their name. Serves the same purpose, but looks a lot better.

Unfortunately, since I can only have one side image per character, that means I won't have the little heart stamps in the corner when they speak... but I couldn't get them to look good with the new black textbox, anyway, so that's okay. There will be other ways to view the boys' current relationship with you in the character panel.

I also hired a watercolor artist to color the final couple linearts I got a while back. For being the ending art...they're pretty plain (totally not worth the $80 I spent on them, but that's beside the point). I'm hoping that the addition of pretty watercolors will make them more worthy of being in the finale.

...Yes, I'm still putting off the writing. I'll get into it for real once I receive the last set of sprites I'm waiting on, I promise. ;o;

No comments:

Post a Comment