Sep 12, 2011

Yay, Prologue

After receiving one of the two beautiful new CGs I commissioned, I was inspired enough to actually do some writing today. I didn't have time to do much, and being sick certainly didn't help, but...

At least I got something done. And I'm happy with it. Considering how many times I've redone that stupid opening scene, it's truly a miracle. But you know, creating the perfect opening scene for a game or movie really is a delicate art. If you don't hook the player in the beginning, they may decide "this is too boring" and not even give it a chance! So you have to make it exciting and interesting, which can be very difficult to do with a medium like this. Sure, an action-packed chase would be awesome, but with my limited budget and resources, it's also not very feasible. Such is the life of an independent developer...

The prologue still isn't done. It's like...half-done maybe. I'll work on it more tomorrow if I'm feeling better. But at least I got the hard part out of the way.

Also, for those who may be curious, here is a small preview of the CG I mentioned (I was experimenting with the eye blinking animation):

No comments:

Post a Comment