Sep 8, 2011

Drop Shadows

Tonight was my night class, so, unfortunately, I wasn't able to get much done. Such is the life of a busy college student, eh?

What I ended up doing was adding drop shadows to all of my character sprites. It's a very minor change, but it helps to add some dimension to an otherwise flat screen. I got the idea after seeing how much better it looked when I added a shadow to my text box, so now lots of things have shadows. :D

See if you can spot the difference (click for a larger view):

                    Before                                          After















As a side note, I officially decided today to include Ahzi as a love interest (he's just too cute not to be!). He won't be one of the advertised ones, but rather more of a secret bachelor whose romance option has to be unlocked.

In the same way that Chael and Kirile will be rivals of a sort, Ahzi and Duren will have a friendly rivalry going on...and maybe something else entirely if you choose not to pursue either of them. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment